- Prices expected to grow in line with inflation as market supply and demand remain balanced.
- Average rent price has risen 55% between 2002 and 2012.
- Average sale price has risen by 24% between 2008 and 2012 yet remains well balanced.
- Ottawa remains the least expensive Canadian city according to the latest Cost of Living Survey from Mercer Human Resource Consulting, the global leader for HR and related financial advice.
- The Ottawa region's current workforce has the highest percentage of university graduates in the country.
- The total amount of venture capital invested in Ottawa technology companies over the last decade amounted to over $4.3 billion CDN.
- Ottawa ranked 17th worldwide and 3rd in Canada in Mercer's 2016 Quality of Living survey.
- New light rail system ready in 2018 costing $2.3 billion CDN.
- Stable employment base with 42% of Canadian civil servants working in the Ottawa-Gatineau area.